R & D Cell
R&D Cell Overview
The Research & Development (R & D) Cell of KGiSL Institute of Technology is formed to facilitate and encourage research culture among the faculty members and students. It enables the integration of real world problems with institute and promotes research through industry collaboration and a range of publications. It enables a pleasing environment for technological development and monitors the research activities of the college. The major responsibility of this cell is to create the work place to attract the best talent among students and faculty members.
Transform R&D into a world-class centre through research, innovation and creative activities among students and faculty members with state-of-the-art technology that contributes to the economic and social advancement of the nation.
Academic research excellence with innovation through technology transfer and commercialization addressing important national and global needs.
Quality | Commitment | Innovation
- Acquire new scientific knowledge
- Desig and development of novel methodologies in engineering and science.
- To inculcate the spirit and culture of research among researchers, faculty members, students and industry.
- To enhance interaction and cooperation among stakeholders for undertaking interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary project activities.
- To forge academic and research collaborations with national and international universities, government organizations and industries.
- To establish links with various R&D organizations and funding agencies or venture capitalist for pursuing sponsored and contract research projects.
- Promote the inclusion of research, scholarly, creative, or inquiry projects as a required component of the curriculum in all Degree Programs
- Expand the scope and impacts of the Undergraduate Research & Creative Activities programs and activities to enhance all under graduate students’ academic and professional milestones
- Contribute to the development of student’s critical thinking, information literacy, creativity, quantitative reasoning, scientific reasoning and effective communication skills throughout their academic careers
- Create awareness and opportunities in Research and Development among the faculty members and students
- Encourage staff members and students to publish technical papers for publishing in National and reputed International Conferences/ Journals
- Undertake research activities and development projects offered by government agencies
- Applying and getting funds for conducting Seminar/Workshop/FDP from various available funding agencies
- Provide a channel to inculcate knowledge and research to find new products
- Integrate research and education
- Generate patents and IPRs
In order to promote research and development activities, the institute extends its full support to students/ faculty members/ staff. Full/Partial financial support is given to all innovative research & development works taken up by the students and faculty members. The institution encourages students and faculty members to participate in various national/international conferences and training programs.
The institution has a research and development committee in addition to state of art technology R & D cell facilities to facilitate and monitor research activities. The faculty members as well as students are actively engaged in reactivity & other research projects.
- To make the institute as a Research Centre of affiliating University / Other organizations
- To encourage /motivate faculty members and students to take research initiatives in the department
- To create awareness among the students and faculty members on the culture of research and aptitude
- To conduct/ participate in workshops, training programs and sensitization programs on capacity building in terms of research and consultancy and imbibing research culture among staff and students
- Arranging guest lecturers under Institute-Industry-Interaction programs to promote research on industry needs
- Modernizing the existing laboratories with additional experimental set ups/ instruments and technology for utilizing the labs for research activity
- To provide the budget for in-house R & D projects mentioning the guidelines and targets to achieve the expected outcome of the projects proposed
- To appoint part-time Research Advisors for promoting the quality of research and guidance for applying for projects
- Disseminating the information on funding schemes from Government/Private funding agencies and providing support in enhancing the quality of proposals
Guidelines of R & D Cell
The purpose of the R & D is to guide staff and students engaged in academic and research activities to:
- Promote shared ethical values and fulfil all academic/research activities accordingly
- Uphold and promote individual, group and institutional integrity when in the process of fulfilling the roles as Professors, Supervisors, Researchers, Mentors and Advisors
- Practicing science and engineering by complying with the highest standards of scientific and engineering research
- Making no misrepresentation in the dissemination of research information and findings and not fabricating data or information
- Practicing or promoting no form of unfair discrimination. No horseplay will be tolerated in R & D premises
- No distracting or startling persons to work in the R & D laboratory
R & D Cell shall plan periodical courses to students and researchers to understand and adopt the best practices in research.
- App Development
- Embedded Systems
- Aritificial Intelligence
- AR & VR
- Hackathons and much more experiential trainings
The PG students under this plan are expected to help the instructors in the smooth running of the laboratory courses.
The students under this plan are expected to help the faculty members in various research projects.
Executive Committee Chairpersons:
- Dr. Vijaya Chamundeeswari V, Principal
- Dr. Suresh Kumar S, Vice Principal
Director, R & D:
- Prof. Srikanth Janarthanan
- Dr. Venkateshwaran Loganathan, Dean – Computing Sciences
R & D Members:
- Dr. Arun Chakravarthy R
- Mr. Sathish M
Department Research Coordinators:
- Dr. Arun Chakravarthy R, Associate Professor, Department of Information Technology
- Dr. Rajkumar P, Professor, Department of CSE
- Dr. Jaikumar R, Associate Professor, Department of ECE
- Dr. Seenivasan M, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Dr. Brindha D, Associate Professor, Department of AI & DS
- Dr. Vimal Kumar S, Associate Professor, Department of Science and Humanities
- Dr. Nusrathunnisa C, Assistant Professor, Department of Science and Humanities
On purview of Respective Department Heads:
- Indexed Journal Publication for each teaching faculty – 1/Semester (Indexed in Scopus, SCI, UGC, AICTE). Atleast one Scopus/SCI paper per semester from each department
KiTE R & D Project Proposal Link:
Students can send their project proposals to R & D Cell in the below link